We provide nutrition counseling for a variety of conditions
Your first visit will last about one hour. During this time we’ll discuss health concerns, lifestyle, stressors, and medical conditions affecting your nutrition. Then we’ll come up with an individualized nutrition plan based on your needs, which may include diet modifications, labs tests, supplements, and/or physical activity. Follow-up visits will be determined as needed.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis)
- Post-bowel surgery diet
- Celiac disease
- Ileostomy, colostomy
- Food allergies
- Weight management (overweight, obesity)
- Digestive disorders
- Tube feeding
- General health and wellness
Diets & Lifestyle
- General nutrition and wellness
- Meal planning
- Prenatal nutrition
- Gestational diabetes
- Diabetes (type 1, type 2)
- Weight management: underweight, overweight, obesity
- Cardiovascular disease
- Heart Failure
- Eating disorders
We accept the following insurance plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Medicare Part B (covers MNT for diabetes, chronic kidney disease, & post-kidney transplant)
- We also offer private pay rates. Please contact us for more information.
Pre-Appointment Insurance Checklist:
Did you know an appointment with a dietitian may be covered under your insurance plan? We are currently in network with Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, and Medicare Part B. Follow the steps below to confirm coverage of nutrition benefits with your insurance company.
1. Is nutrition counseling, also called medical nutrition therapy, covered? The procedure codes are 97802 and 97803.
2. Are there any restricted diagnoses? Ask specifically about the diagnosis code Z71.3 and if it is covered as preventative.
3. Do I need a referral or prior authorization for procedure codes 97802 and 97803?
4. Are Telehealth (virtual) visits covered for procedure codes 97802 and 97803?
5. How many visits are covered?
6. Do I have a deductible to meet before insurance pays?
7. Will I have a copay or coinsurance?
8. Is Courtney Byrum RD (NPI 1023426327) or Agnes Condren (NPI 1265899421) covered under my plan? If not, what are my out of network nutrition benefits?
9. Write down the date and reference number for your call, and name of the person you spoke with.